Tuesday, November 20, 2007

We Can Help - send in your old baseball gear

I received an email detailing the holiday needs of the soldiers protecting our freedoms abroad.  The email outlined a list of items that the soldiers requested to receive in care packages this holiday season - one item on the list stood out from the others;  the soldiers asked for used baseball equipment.  I have a bag of balls, quite a few bats and gloves that have been in the lost and found for years, and a few helmets to donate, but I thought that a collective effort could produce impressive results.  Please call or email me over the Thanksgiving break if you are interested in participating and I will set up a collection place and time this coming Saturday 11/24.  The collection will conclude over the weekend and be shipped on Monday 11/26.  Sorry for the short notice, but hopefully you can help.

No comments: